Social Suicide?

The weird thing is I feel like I have cut off a limb but more and more as time goes on what is growing back is a kick-ass better limb that I'm starting to like. I killed myself a week ago... well on Facebook at least. Sounds tragic, I'm very aware, but for the first day I felt like I was attending my own funereal. Looking out for who would even notice that I've vanished is a complete 'Life Low'.

The reason for this 'drastic' measure is because I'm discovering more about my writing technique throughout this dissertation writing process and a discovery occurred...

Multi-tasking is a Myth. 

Flicking between different tabs, checking how the rest of the world is whilst you're stuck writing a seemingly endless discourse on French National Identity means you're never are wholeheartedly in one place. Your mind spreads out and for the first time in a while I'm feeling pretty clear. Plus the issue of finding yourself mid-sentence going on Facebook to then five minutes later being 36 photos into someones photo album, a person who happens to be a friend of a friend of a friend who lives in Iceland or Hungary, and your on it just cause you think they're hot IS a problem.

The ironic bit of it all is, as I end up killing off my life on Facebook I'm feeling a little bit more alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment